At times, you may wish to sign into your Box account without using CAS. Creating an external password, different from your UCDavis Kerberos passphrase, will allow you to do so.
- Log into your enterprise Box account from your laptop or desktop, and click the gear icon on the upper right. From the drop-down menu, click Account Settings.
- Near the bottom, you’ll see an option to Create External Password. Enter a secure, standard user password such that the strength bar registers “Strong”.
If you have forgotten your external password
- Go to https://www.box.com/reset, and enter the email address used for your Box account.
- Box will send you a link to change the password. Follow that link to set an external password.
Benefits of having an external password
- Having an external password ensures continued access to your files during a change of UCDavis email address.
- Some apps, including Box’s SimpleShare and webdav, do not support Single Sign-on (SSO).