Note: Before using Sync on mobile devices, see Using enterprise Box on mobile devices.
The Sync feature for enterprise Box allows you to easily sync files between your desktop and other devices. This is especially useful for files you wish to be able to access offline and/or work on frequently.
To download Sync, log into your enterprise Box account. From My Account at the top, click Get Box Sync and follow the prompts.
After you have installed the Sync application, check Use my company’s single sign-on credentials (Windows) or Use Single Sign On (Mac), or select the Single Sign-on option for your mobile device. Enter your IU email address, and authenticate with your Network ID username and passphrase.
- Box does not sync files by default. You will need to log into Box on the web and indicate which folders you wish to sync.
- Box Sync can only sync top-level folders, or folders that are in the “All files and folders” section of your Box account.
- Box must sync with the My Box Files folder; if you rename this folder, Box will re-create it and duplicate the synced files.
- Box Sync is not intended as a tool for uploading folders; instead, log into Box on the web and use the Upload Folders feature.
To sync a folder in Box:
- Log into Box.
- Hover over the folder you want to sync.
- Click the down arrow to the right of the folder.
- Select Sync Folder to Computer.