Community members need a robust solution to easily store and share documents with collaborators inside and outside of the College. Furthermore, many faculty have large collections of documents/data that are stored in a single location with little or no backup strategy.
The College of Engineering has partnered with IET and several other UC Davis Colleges/Schools to provide Box.com as a campus-wide service. Box offers several features that make it an extremely attractive opportunity for our campus such as:
- Easy collaboration with many R1 research institutions
- Campus-wide access to all users at 50GB/user
- Integration with Internet2 for fast data transfer speeds
- Desktop document synchronization client
- File versioning with undelete
- Enhanced data security in transit and at rest
Project Timeline: 3-6 months starting April 2013
Project Status: Service is now live as of Oct 1st, 2013. Project is now complete.